Friday, July 8, 2011

Am here!!!

Life has ups and downs.Yes,I know,it's been a long time.My former girlfriend is back to her mother's house.Call it a divorce.I don't have any better word to use.Well,even the manner in which she got married was just queer..or hilarious..and in that same manner has she come back,but with three children on her back.Education is important.I just know that.She was in our house yesterday,apologizing for all the hurt she caused me.You know..love has issues.I realize.She still loves me,like she says,and it's true.The look in her eyes cannot go contrary to that.But now,we can't take back the hand of time and make things right.We just can't be.It's been five good years now,and all she's got is a broken marriage and a burden to carry.She has nowhere to go,doesn't have any college education and....I just don't know what's going to be next.I feel sorry for her.

Her mother is not that easy going.She forced her into that marriage.Now,she's only got herself to blame for wasting her daughter's time,energy and youth.I tell you,I hate some of the traditions we have in Africa.Some things ought to be done away with.

Anyway,I have been okay.Fell sick the past week from malaria.Actually everyone succumbed to it.It's normal when we are just from up country.I should be backing to campus next month.But first I have to register for special exams since I missed my end of semester last time.And dad hasn't yet completed my fees.Am hoping to get the scholarship I applied for.I have to go to school.I will be a great man tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow...the Kenyan Poets Lounge members will be having a get together for the first time.Oh, yes,am so excited about it.I'll write down a poem or two to possibly perform there.Mum and dad are not in very good terms concerning the running of the school.Men,it's so hard to keep a marriage.I have seen.But am still hopeful that I'll make it when my time comes.

My love life is going around circles.Am taking one day at a time.Really need to be careful this time coz heart break is not happening again.I won't allow it.So whoever I settle for must really be someone serious about moving forward.

Well,am till recovering from malaria.Not doing so good.But I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment