Monday, July 11, 2011

A Weekend Of All Sorts



Nairobi, Kenya was a cold spot.My goodness,it still is.We would be walking in blankets and probably eating ice food.How do they feel in Europe?We haven't seen snow yet and we are freezing this much.But the day was worth the stay in the chill.I was at the Kenyan Poets Lounge meeting.We have a big following on Facebook,though a good number did turn up.It was the first ever big meeting.The previous ones have comprised of never more than three people.But we met.It was my first time to meet Stella and Nelas.Both of them my close net associates.I would die for another of that day.The Central Park served us right...but it was cold...damn cold.So those were my fellow poets.Now we are on the trail of beginning to bond and work on how we could publish our work.Poetry does not really sell in Kenya because of the poor reading culture in the country,yet we have so much talent out here.

Home is a bit of a mess.Mum and dad had a bitter row on Saturday night.I would really wish to forget it.But all I can say is that I hate the male ego.I don't know if marriage has anything to do with it.Am scared.My dose of drugs got over last night,but am still feeling sick.I think I'll visit the school clinic.I am insured throughout the year.They could give me better drugs.The financial crisis at home...I have no idea how best to describe it.But we are hanging on.

I really pray that I will qualify for the scholarship I applied.They said they would get back to me at the end of this month.Meanwhile.let me hope that things will get better at home as I pray for the sun to try hard to smile hard on our land....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment