Friday, April 29, 2011

Last Night

The Europa game between FC Porto and Villareal ended at about 0000 hrs .All the boys in the house watched it.I retired to bed at around 0100
hrs,tired,after checking my facebook account for any message.I was soon asleep obvilion of the world around me.Am normally a log when am in slumberland.


I woke up to the news that thugs tried to break into our house at around 4 am.I was pretty much dead by then.Were it not for my two cousins whose bedroom is near the backyard,we would probably be talking about another story right now.Thank God the back door was closed.They struggled to open it,I hear.Our back wall is not that safe as the owner of the land beside our house dug what is supposedly going to be his future toilet,and so the chunk of soil dug from the ground rests on our wall,raising the ground beside it,making it easy for anyone to climb over.I think it's just by grace that God protected us.


It just crossed my mind...what if we caught them?Would we have beaten them?Just early this week there had been some controversy over whether mob justice is justified after some four thugs were lynched by an angry mob for raping a woman in Nairobi.When it happens to you,you really feel like killing a thug!


I don't know what I would do,but beating someone to death is something I surely can't.Nevertheless,the sun is hiding above the moving clouds.Am in the bus right now for another long day in campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment